Next 100 Coalition Job Opening
Position: Coalition Program Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
Location: Hybrid remote with approximately 25% travel required. Home base should be within 30 minutes of a major metropolitan airport in the continental U.S. Proof of COVID immunizations will be required for this position for in person meetings and travel.
Mission: The mission of the Next 100 Coalition is to connect, amplify, and support the leadership of Black, Indigenous, and communities of color in the administration and stewardship of waterways, lands, oceans, and coasts to advance community prosperity and resilience.
Vision: The Next 100 Coalition envisions healthy lands, waters, and oceans that are connected to and reflect the racial and cultural diversity of our country and their administration and stewardship demonstrates and values the myriad ways people connect to and care for the environment.
- We value inclusion, racial justice and equity. We work towards dismantling white supremacy and advancing collective liberation. We recognize the dynamic and complex relationship between them.
- We value collaboration, focusing on consensus-oriented, democratic decision-making.
- We value care, passion, creativity, positive impact, the boldness of risk-taking and courage, and innovation in our actions.
- We value transparency and open dialogue, especially the ability and commitment to working with and through tension and difficult conversations.
- We respect the land and its original stewards, each other, and our greater collective commitment.
- We center impacted leadership in our process, methodologies and program work.
What is the Next 100 Coalition?
The Next 100 Coalition (Next 100) was established in 2016 as a collaborative national network of Black, Indigenous, and leaders of color from community- centered conservation, outdoor recreation, environmental education, public health, and environmental justice organizations. The Coalition is rooted in the acknowledgement that the very existence of current land and ocean conservation systems are predicated on chattel slavery and settler colonialism. As such, the Coalition works to achieve a shared vision of a more just and representative lands and ocean conservation and stewardship movement by centering the leadership, lives, histories, sovereignty, cultural and spiritual connections of BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities, and all communities who have been historically and are presently marginalized, underinvested, and inequitably represented.
Over the last several years, the Next 100 has operated under fiscal sponsorship and very recently received our 501c3 status. This is a unique opportunity to bring creativity, innovation, and energy to the early stage of a growing organization.
In collaboration with the Executive Director and future staff, the Coalition Program Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating existing and developing Next 100 programs, such as partnerships and collaborations with federal agencies, network partners, policymakers, and state coalitions.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement programs, projects, and events.
- Effectively monitor and present project updates and timelines to Next 100 team members and relevant partners.
- Oversee administrative aspects of projects and programs to adhere to grant evaluation and reporting requirements
- Participate in the planning and budgeting process and manage project/program-specific budgets.
- Materials and content development, such as drafting and preparing communications, written materials, social media content, and presentations relative to programs and projects.
- Represent Next 100 before federal agencies, network partners, funders, legislative or other decision makers or entities as appropriate.
- Participate in coalition building strategies at the national and regional/state levels and maintain and build key relationships with network partners, agencies, and decision makers.
- Team collaboration and coordination across several programs. This may include guidance and oversight of future program personnel, interns, or volunteers.
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment with regular check-ins.
- Excellent written communication and ability to tailor messaging to the audience.
- Exceptional program and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Dynamic thinking and advanced problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work effectively with teams and independently.
- Capable of managing daily planned tasks and adapting to unplanned activities that arise.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is between $55,000 and $65,000 annually and will be commensurable with experience. For transparency, the Next 100 Coalition recently received 501(c)(3) status and is still developing a comprehensive benefits package that reflects the values of this organization. Benefits are new and will be active within 30-60 days of hire. These will include medical, dental, and vision insurance and paid time off.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The Next 100 Coalition is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination in its governance, programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from public assistance or for any other non-merit based factor.
- Applications due: August 31, 2023
- Round 1 Phone Interviews: Week of September 5, 2023
- Round 2 & Final Virtual Interviews: Week of September 11, 2023
- First Week of Employment: Tentative based on applicant’s availability within 2-4 weeks of hire: End of September – beginning of October 2023
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Coalition Program Manager Application” by August 31, 2023.